Watcha Weirdos
I'm Mr A The Barber
If you want a regular delivery of all things weird and trashy from the world of rock'n'roll then stick around cos your in the right place!

Cos I'm gonna be posting all kinds of weird shit right here, right now.

Listen to my twisted rock'n'roll show on the player below.

YOU GOT GOOD TASTE now hosts WEIRDSVILLE a monthly club night in London, live bands and DJ's spinnin' till late!!

YOU GOT GOOD TASTE is also host to the yearly HIPSVILLE 60's Garage A Go-Go Party Weekender.
For more info go to www.hipsville.co.uk

Visit www.yougotgoodtaste.com for all my links.

YOU GOT GOOD TASTE so listen here!

Wednesday 21 October 2009

NEW SHOW - weekly dose of GOOD TASTE 21st Oct

Watcha Weirdos

and welcome to my NEW weekly dose of GOOD TASTE


If your a regular listener you'll know my tastes can be a bit eclectic!

So here's a chance for you to hear what lengths my rock'n'roll weirdness stretches to.Everyone likes looking through someone else's music collection, don't they?

With that in idea in mind I've decided to deliver you a weekly (hey, I'll try my best!) selection of what is currently buzzing around my ears.

This shows gonna be short and sweet because of its frequency (don't worry I'll still be putting out the longer YOU GOT GOOD TASTE themed shows), so for that reason it's gonna be limited to four killer, oldies but goodies!

I'm also gonna do my best to include a bit of info on the chosen artists, songs or any related trash that I think might be relevant.

Depending on what happens to be twanging my thang on any given week, I guarantee the tunes you'll hear will rock'n'roll and shake your soul.


Don't forget to check out my blog where you'll find all kinds of trashy photos, videos.... you know what I mean http://mrathebarber.blogspot.com/


Contact me with any suggestions or just to be abusive!


So here goes for this week, hope you enjoy it.


Stay Weird'n'Wild

Mr A The Barber


Bit of a Detroit Cobras related week at Mr A's

http://yougotgoodtaste.podOmatic.com/


Solomon Burke - Stupidity

Burke began his adult life as a preacher in Philadelphia, and soon moved on to hosting a gospel radio show. In the 1960s, he signed with Atlantic Records and began moving towards more secular music.

"Stupidity" is a full fleshed out R&B dandy, complete with rolling keyboards a wailing horn arrangement and was the flip side to the 1963 song "Can't Nobody Love You" (a classic country soul ballad).

Apparently, the Stupidity was intended to be a dance, something along the links of "The Swim", "The Duck", etc.


Joe Jones - California Sun

Jones was a New Orleans pianist, bandleader, singer, promoter and talent scout whose peak years were from the late 1950’s through the mid-1960’s.

Joe Jones had two hit records in his career, “California Sun” being the less successful, reaching #89 in 1961. A year earlier, he had scored much bigger (#3) with the song he is best remembered for, “You Talk Too Much”

In 1964, the song was recorded by a band of Indiana teenagers, The Rivieras. Their stripped down, guitar-organ combo, surf/rock approach kicked it up a notch and took it to #1.


I’m Laughing At You” by the Gardenias is a fast paced piano based R&B, wrote and recorded for the Detroit's Fortune label in 1957


The Detroit Cobras - Stupidity

The Cobras are an underground rock & roll act that pays homage to the decades of artists who have hit the vinyl before them. These Motor City garage rockers combine gospel, soul, R&B, and '50s rock & roll to create a unique mix of retro innocence and tight, danceable music overflowing with rhythm and grit.

While a band that only does covers may sound like a one-trick pony, the Cobras manage to mine the hidden parts of bygone eras, coming back with gems that might go otherwise unheard to the next generations, and creating a great style of their own in the process.

"Shout Bama Lama" was originally recorded by Otis Redding & the Pinetoppers in 1960.


StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment